Difference between the Cinnamons
Enlightened Oils carries 2 types of Cinnamon, one is bark and one is leaf however there is a third oil that derives from the Cinnamon tree called Root.
There is a big price difference between the oils. The Bark is not as plentiful and can end the life of the tree whereas the leaf can be distilled without the whole tree perishing. Therefore, the bark is often 3 x the cost of the leaf.
· High in Cinnamaldeyde
· Strongest anti-bacterial known
· Lower in Eugenol
· Beneficial in dealing with viruses and contagious diseases
· Has a richer scent over the leaf oil
Choose bark when the above-mentioned benefits are crucial to your blend or purpose.
· High in Eugenol usually 80-95% which are good for issues with the mouth or teeth use as a rinse agent for infections
· Lower in Cinnamaldehyde so less likely to irritate over the bark oil
· Stimulating to the nervous and immune systems
· Skin and mucous membrane irritants
· Scent is similar to Clove Bud
The leaf oil would be better for softer cinnamon scent and for tooth or gum issues both oils are excellent for adding to muscular or bone applications.
Keep in mind for both to keep to a 1 % dilution (average oils to carrier oils for topical application is 3%).